Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome to Uncommon Beauty!

Hello out there! I've set up this blog because I sincerely want to find kindred spirits in the world who can inspire me as I strive toward becoming a woman who can, in turn, inspire others. I want to build connections with other women and community-minded folks who share my desire to improve the world by simply getting out in it, living the way we want to be remembered, and giving what we can when we can, be it a word of inspiration, a beautiful creation, or simply a listening ear.

I want this blog to be a place where people who desire to be the salt and light of the earth can come and radiate warmth and joy to others who may need just that.

I also want this blog to be a place to recognize those who have brought joy into the world in the simplest ways on a daily basis. To start the ball rolling with that, I intend to feature an 'angel' each day. Initially these will be the bloggers whose selfless giving has provided me with inspiration and ephemera for my own artistic designs.

I believe every single person in this world has extraordinary potential that may be unlocked by something as simple as one aptly-timed word or act by another. I believe there is a place for compassion and a place for humor in each and every day of our lives. I believe most of us need at least a small push to "unplug" from our jobs, our electronic devices, and our own worries, but that in doing so we make connections with others in the world that end up inspiring or forcing us to move toward the greatest versions of ourselves.


Live with gratitude & seize the day!
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment