Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Angel of the Day: Karen, AKA The Graphics & Background Fairy

It is very fitting that the first Angel of the Day being featured on my blog is Karen, AKA The Graphics Fairy, AKA The Background Fairy. This woman is every kind of amazing one can aspire to be!

I truly felt I had found the holy grail when, during my quest in spring 2009 for cool, unique vintage ephemera I stumbled upon The Graphics Fairy blog, http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com! Never before had I seen so many beautiful, amazing things all featured (for FREE!) in one place! Karen's site is not just beautifully laid out, it's also user-friendly! No need to wade through every post to find just the type of image you're looking for; she has a handy link guide where you can choose a specific category, such as 'women' or even by occasion, such as 'anniversary'.

Personally, though, I have to admit it's well worth spending the time to go through her entire blog history! She has a natural, easy way of articulating things, and every image she posts is gorgeous! Her site is where I downloaded the majority of my own images! When people ask me where to obtain cool vintage images like those featured in my pieces, I always advise them to start with The Graphics Fairy blog!

Not only does Karen provide fabulous & free vintage images for other artists to use in their work, she also provides a platform upon which artists can display their creations in her "Brag Mondays", where she features pieces made by her followers using her images. Brag Mondays are great source of inspiration, and typically include a tutorial as well for those interested in creating items in a similar vein.

Karen also sells her own gorgeous, vintage embellishment pieces on Etsy. At http://thegraphicsfairy.etsy.com, you can purchase her wares to use in your OOAK pieces or to beautify your home; FABULOUS! Additionally, on her Background Fairy blog, http://www.backgroundfairy.blogspot.com, she provides (FREE!) backgrounds, headers, and tutorials for bloggers! True to her standards in her Etsy shop and Graphics Fairy blog, each and every thing offered there is a gem! My own background for this blog is one of hers.

Last but not least, Karen is an angel because she seeks not only to promote herself, but to promote other artisans and crafters as well. She features links to many other blogs, shops, and sites, including those offering content similar to her own. Her arms are open to the universe, and the universe is in turn blessing her richly with a loyal following. If you choose to become a follower, please pay it back and pay it forward; follow in Karen's footsteps by giving credit where credit is due and by helping others along the way. Viva la Graphics Fairy! God bless!

Live with gratitude & seize the day!
-Holly

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly,
    Oh my gosh, I think this is the nicest thing anyone has every written about me! I'm blown away!! Thanks so much for your kind words, I'm so happy that you're enjoying my graphics.
    Congratulations on your new blog!
    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete